Cheekbones are said to account for 70% of facial beauty-- they anchor the face, make the face look thinner and more sculpted, and set the stage for beautiful facial features.
One of my favorite techniques for improving facial balance and beauty is injectable filler to augment the cheekbones. Not only does it improve the sculptural quality of the cheekbones, but it also replaces the volume loss of the midface that starts to occur in our 30s.
This technique takes about 10 minutes, and results last 1-2 years. I typically use Voluma, an FDA-approved filler made by Allergan, to achieve soft, natural looking results, as shown above.
Some of the benefits of cheekbone augmentation include:
- better apparent bone structure of the face
- softening of the nasolabial folds
- improvement of facial volume and softness of the upper cheeks
- reduction of "midface descent" or malar bags/ festoons
- creation of a heart-shaped, youthful face, rather than a square-shaped, older face
For all of my cheekbone augmentation patients, I am precise and meticulous when it comes to their facial features. In my practice, I feel that it is mandatory to:
- carefully analyze facial balance and facial features
- measure anatomic landmarks
- mark with a white pencil the important anatomic areas for concern
- sterilize the skin
- use topical and vibrational pain control
- use microdroplet injection techniques for greater precision
- cleanse and massage the tissue after the procedure
- apply a topical steroid ointment to reduce inflammation
If you are interested in Voluma cheek filler (or cheekbone augmentation), please call 212-452-2400 or email office@LaraDevganMD.com.