Labiaplasty is a popular aspect of my New York City private plastic surgery practice. The reasons women seek labiaplasty are varied and include:
- dissatisfaction with the aesthetic appearance of the labia minora, clitoral hood, labia majora, perineum, or some combination of those
- discomfort with sports or exercise
- difficulty with hygiene
- the frequent need to adjust the private parts
- self-consciousness when in intimate situations or fitted clothing
Every labiaplasty I perform is uniquely tailored to each patient's specific concerns and one-of-a-kind anatomy. No two labiaplasty patients are the same, and no two operations are the same either.
I am well-versed in the full spectrum of labiaplasty repair techniques, include wedge excision, lazy-S excision, en bloc reduction of labia minora and clitoral hood, and others. The important aesthetic points for each operation include:
- matching the pigment borders and lines so that the pink pigmentary line and beige/ brown pigmentary line are continous and aesthetic
- ensuring no rippling or puckering of the incision borders
- hiding scars as much as possible
- achieving the best possible symmetry given a patient's anatomic starting point
The key to achieving the most perfect possible results for a labiaplasty surgery lies in planning, meticulous attention to detail, and stepwise refinement of excised specimens (as pictured above). In this era of gynecologists, general doctors, and high-volume "labiaplasty centers" performing these surgeries, it is important for women to understand that a board-certified plastic surgeon is trained in the delicate tissue handling, aesthetic principles, and surgical anatomy that give you ideal results.
For more information about labiaplasty in New York City, please call my office at 212-452-2400, or email office@LaraDevganMD.com.