Plastic surgery as a discipline encompasses both cosmetic surgery (to aesthetically improve something you dislike) and reconstructive surgery (to repair something that is injured or disfigured).
My practice encompasses the full breadth of complex reconstructive procedures of the face, breasts, body, and hands. Not only is reconstructive surgery a personal passion of mine, but I find it incredibly rewarding to help people during these much needed and often quite vulnerable moments.
Reconstructive surgery includes:
- surgical repair of facial lacerations or cuts
- surgical repair of animal bites, including dog and cat maulings
- breast cancer reconstruction (after mastectomy or lumpectomy)
- complex reconstructive surgery of the body, hands, and face after cancer or injury
- surgical repair of facial fractures
- broken noses or nasal fractures
- broken jaws or mandible fractures
- broken eye sockets or orbital fractures
- broken cheekbones or zygomaticomaxillary complex fractures
A small sampling of recent reconstructive procedures photos is included below. Photos depict results within several weeks of the initial injury. I advise all patients to wait 6-12 months to allow full healing and scar remodelling. In nearly all cases, the result after 1 year will be nearly scarless in appearance.