The most definitive aesthetic results come from surgical interventions, particularly with facial aesthetics. The power of a modern facelift, necklift, blepharoplasty (eyelift), and fat grafting can truly refine the face in a manner that can last for decades.
However, for those who are not interested in pursuing surgery, options for minimally invasive, non-surgical interventions do exist. These options principally involve a combination of the following:
- Botox (or Dysport, Xeomin, or related neurotoxins) for softening of wrinkles and fine lines, including:
- crow's feet
- frowning angle of the mouth
- "bunny lines" on the sides of the nose
- platysmal bands in the neck
- gummy smile
- slimming the jaw/ masseter muscles
- sweating (hyperhidrosis) of the palms and armpits
- Filler (such as Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma, Belotero, Radiesse, Sculptra, and others) for improving contour and volume of the:
- temporal hollows
- nasal irregularities ("liquid rhinoplasty")
- nasolabial folds
- marionette lines
The term "liquid facelift" can refer to any combination of the above procedures, and others, depending on an individual's unique anatomic features and aesthetic concerns. In my practice, I perform a detailed facial analysis and in-person examination of each patient's face prior to offering any formal recommendations about which treatment approaches might be best for him her.
A liquid facelift can last months to years, and while it lacks the longevity of surgical procedures, it offers the benefits of short procedural time, no incisions, no anesthesia, and no downtime. It can be a good temporizing maneuver for those patients who are considering surgery at a future date, or for those who want to get a sense of the best case scenario without surgery.
If you are considering surgical or non-surgical improvements for your face or body and would like to discuss your concerns with me in person, please do not hesitate to reach out to my office. My patient coordinator, Erica, can assist you via phone at 212-452-2400 or email at office@LaraDevganMD.com.